Awaken to Change - The National Conference for America's Children
Prevent Child Abuse America's 2012 National Conference
October 12-15 - Jacksonville, Florida
As Prevent Child Abuse America celebrates its 40th anniversary in 2012, it will offer a national conference unlike any other. From October 12-15, 2012, Prevent Child Abuse America will integrate emphases on healthy child development, public policy, what's working in child abuse and neglect prevention, and the latest on messaging and corporate responsibility.
Recognizing that each of us play a role in ensuring the healthy development of our nation's children, the conference will blend hands-on training for professionals who work with families and run non-profit agencies, with broad discussions on the impact our work has on the neighborhoods and communities in which we live, and the future of our country as a whole.
Conference Highlights with a Focus on Advancing Public Policy
- Workshop A03: Evidence-Based Policymaking in the Obama Administration
- Workshop B03: Advancing Public Policy
- Workshop C03: Advocacy 101
- Workshop D03: Implementing SBS/AHT Prevention Statewide: Successful Strategies and Common Pitfalls
- Workshop E03: Advanced Advocacy Strategies
- Workshop F03: Improving and Expanding Home Visiting Systems in Key States
- Workshop G03: Federal Policy Update and Action Steps
- Workshop H03: Advancing Public Policy
- Workshop I01: Advancing Public Policy
Hurry and Save! The Early Bird discount has been extended through August 12!