We are very excited to share Prevent Child Abuse America's 2009 Legislative Priorities with you. Please see the list below, but please visit the link above as well for more details.
1. Develop a national strategy for prevention.
2. Enact Federal home visiting legislation.
3. Increase Federal funding for child abuse and neglect prevention services.
4. Reauthorize the Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment Act.
5. Increase Federal investments in the full continuum of child welfare services.
6. Enact Shaken Baby Syndrome prevention legislation.
Also, if you have any questions, or want to find out how you can become engaged in Prevent Child Abuse America's public policy work, please don't hesitate to contact Prevent Child Abuse America's Senior Director of Public Policy Bridget Gavaghan at firstname.lastname@example.org.